According to the Wyoming Attorney General’s office, there aren’t any state regulations in place for unarmed security guards. However, city or county levels may have their own requirements, in which case you should contact your local police station or City Clerk’s office. In addition, the company that is hiring you may have basic criteria that you must meet as well.
Standard requirements across state lines:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be a United States citizen or legal alien
• High School diploma or equivalent
• No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons
• Background check, including fingerprinting
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
• Driver’s License
• Good Communication skills
• Good physical conditioning
• Be able to stand long periods of time
Certain training may be required by the company that hires you. Useful training would include:
For more information, please visit the Cheyenne Police Department, call (307)637-6535, or call your local City Clerk’s office.