In the state of South Dakota, there aren’t any regulations regarding security guards. The only rules are for an entity wanting to start a security company. However, if you are applying to become an unarmed security in South Dakota then meeting these basic requirements may help you land the job.
- Be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be able to legally work in the United States
- No convictions or history of drug or alcohol use
- Submit to a criminal background check if asked
- Have good moral character
- Have not committed any acts of fraud
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
- Good Communication skills
For more information, please call (605)882-5188.
Posted in: Unarmed guard requirements | Tags: state licensing