In Oregon, an unarmed security guard must be licensed. Training and application requirements must be met before license can be issued.
Basic requirements for unarmed security guards in Oregon:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must show proof of citizenship
- Mentally competent
- Have good moral character
- No drug or alcohol use or dependence
- No felony convictions
- No disabilities that would prevent performance of duty
- Fingerprint affidavit and fingerprint card (1) Click here for form
- Temporary work permit Click Here for form
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
- Driver’s License
- Good Communication skills
- Good physical conditioning
- Be able to stand long periods of time
Must complete 12 hours of training with a certified instructor (please verify current certification before paying for course)
Fees are nonrefundable:
Training cost may vary depending on instructor.
For more information, please Common Questions for Getting Started or go directly to Forms.
Posted in: Unarmed guard requirements | Tags: state licensing