According to the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licensing office, there are no requirements set forth to become an unarmed security guard for the state of Idaho. However, there may be some requirements on the city and county levels in which case you must contact your local City Clerk’s office.
Standard requirements across state lines:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High School diploma or equivalent
• No felony convictions or any crime involving the illegal use of weapons
Other Requirements that May Be Helpful:
• Driver’s License
• Good Communication skills
• Good physical conditioning
• Be able to stand long periods of time
For more information, you can call (208) 334-3233.